A compliment is a polite expression of praise or admiration. They make both the giver and the receiver feel good. Appreciating others leads to more fulfilling relationships and better communication. So why don’t we use more of them?
We are usually so busy living our lives and going about daily routines that we often forget to appreciate those who are most important to us. It is really easy to take people for granted, whether it’s family members, friends or work colleagues. Not showing appreciation to others or giving them value can have a negative effect on any relationship. This is why just saying a few kind words and adding a smile can make all the difference.
Top Tips For Complimenting
- Pay attention to those around you. Notice how they are dressed or the perfume they are wearing.
- If certain people mean something to you, tell them.
- Be genuine in your compliments and to the point.
- Compliment without expecting anything in return.
- Saying nice things can easily become a habit if you do it regularly.
So what are you waiting for? Take today and make it a good one for yourself and everyone you come into contact with just by saying a few kind words.