FACT: Everyone has problems in life. A lot of the time these can be resolved quite quickly without too much anxiety. But sometimes it may not be that easy and you end up focussing so much on the problem that it can leave you feeling in a low mood with a general feeling of negativity. Problems become even more difficult when there doesn’t seem to be an obvious solution and things that you have tried before don’t work. It is very important to solve as many problems as you can in life to boost your self-esteem and leave you feeling less anxious or worried.
So what is the answer and how do we solve general life problems?
- Acknowledge the problem, then write it down on paper.
- Define the problem. What is the situation now? What would I like the situation to be?
- Check your past. Has anything like this happened before? How did you cope? Is there anything you could use again?
- Break the problem down into parts if possible. This will make it less daunting to find solutions.
- Search for solutions. This may seem a tricky thing to do but there are solutions out there for every problem.
- Remember that not solving a problem can lead to more anxiety than trying to solve it.
- Taking just a small step forward is better than staying where you are.
- Ask for help. Family, friends or even charities like No Panic might have ideas that you have not even thought of.
How can No Panic help?
No Panic specialises in self-help recovery and our services include:
Providing people with the skills they need to manage their condition and work towards recovery.
Our aim is to give you all of the necessary advice, tools and support that you will need to recover and carry out this journey. No Panic Recovery Programs