Just by putting one foot in front of the other, you can do yourself a real favour. All you need is a comfortable pair of shoes, a bit of motivation and 15 minutes from your day to make an immediate difference to how you feel and think. Take a look at these 10 reasons why walking is good for you.
- Burns calories or helps weight loss.
- Boosts energy.
- Strengthens the heart.
- Clears your head and helps you think more positively.
- Tones your leg, abdominal and buttock muscles.
- Improves self-esteem, mood and sleep quality.
- Reduces stress, anxiety and depression.
- Improves circulation.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Improves digestion.
Today is the day to take just one small step in the right direction because small steps lead to great journeys.