You may have heard about this latest craze but have you ever really explored what journaling is and how it can have huge benefits for your mental health?
Journaling basically means keeping a record of your feelings, thoughts and goals surrounding your day to day life.
TEN TOP TIPS ON WHY JOURNALING IS GOOD FOR YOU:
- It helps you plan and achieve goals.
- It boosts your memory.
- It helps you recall triggers or problems and how to cope with and conquer them.
- It reduces stress and helps you unwind as putting things down in black and white stops you ruminating over them.
- Expressive writing has been shown to improve liver and lung function and combat certain diseases.
- It improves your mood and gives you an overall feeling of well-being.
- It helps you to be more mindful and live in the present time.
- It aids positive thinking and positive self-talk.
- It is a great place to store life-changing tools that can help you out whenever you need them.
TEN TOP TIPS ON THE MUSTS OF JOURNALING:
- Make it a habit. A small entry each day is best.
- Date every entry.
- Be positive.
- Always note down things you are grateful for or things that make you happy.
- Jot down anything, anywhere or anyone that makes you feel good.
- Always write down any progress you make, however small it seems to be.
- Keep every journal you write, highlight and read over any important helping hints.
- List goals and then tick them off as you do them. Make these small and achievable to begin with. Remember that small steps lead to great journeys.
- Use colours/pictures anything that is appealing to the eye.
- Don’t forget to compliment yourself. Add your qualities and strengths as well as notes on any improvements you would like to make to your life.
So there you have it. All you need to do now is invest in a Journal, this can be as simple or fancy as you like. A basic notebook can be just as good as a leather bound hardback. Pull out some materials; pens, crayons, glue, cutouts etc and make a start. Why put off until tomorrow something that you are going to benefit from today?HAPPY JOURNALING! ????????????