Affirmations are simple, short, powerful statements that you should use regularly to help your thinking habits.
Using affirmations regularly will keep your mind focused on your goals, change your thinking and behaviour patterns as well as leaving you to feel more positive motivated and ready to make those important life changes. Firstly you need to choose an affirmation that you can relate to, one that relates to your situation taking into consideration these important points.
- The statement should begin with ‘I’ or ‘my’. (This is all about you).
- The phrase should be set in the present tense. (It is now that you want to see changes).
- Only positive statements are allowed. (Ridding yourself of negativity is the aim).
- The phrase has to be achievable.
So firstly here are few for you to have a look at:
- I feel happy, I feel healthy, I feel positive.
- My safe place is within me and wherever I go I take it with me.
- I am in control of my thoughts and my life.
- I am happy and healthy in mind and body.
- I am attracting positive energy into my body.
If you want to use any of these you can or you can make up your own if you prefer. Now pick just one or two affirmations, write and stick them in places you see regularly. For example on the front door, on the mirror or even on the kitchen cupboard. Each time you see the affirmation, read it out loud. This should be done as many times as possible in a day. By doing this you are convincing your mind into a new way of thinking. You are re-programming your thoughts. And here is the good bit; By retraining the way you think, you are changing your behaviour and by changing your behaviour you are changing your life.